The LED driver is a power supply electronics that drives the LED light or LED module components to work properly. As the LED PN junction conduction characteristics of the decision, it can adapt to the power supply voltage and current range is very narrow, slightly deviated from the LED may not be lit or a serious reduction in luminous efficiency, or shorten the life or even burn the chip. The current power supply and common battery power are not suitable for direct supply of LED, LED driver is the LED can drive the best voltage or current state of work in electronic components.
As the LED application almost all over the field of electronic applications, its luminous intensity, light color and on-off control and other changes are almost impossible to predict, so the LED driver will become almost one-on-one servo device, so that the device Family members become varied. The simplest LED driver (if so called it) may be one or several series-parallel resistive components in the loop shunt, it does not become a separate product. For a more general commercial application that requires a stable constant current constant voltage output, a series of system solutions with precise power regulation capability are formed. The realization of these solutions, usually need more complex circuit design, the core is the LED driver IC integrated applications. By setting different support circuits on the periphery of the LED driver IC, build solutions for different LED applications, small to backlit and push-button lighting, large to high power LED lights and large outdoor LED displays.
LED drive power is a voltage converter that converts the power supply into a specific voltage and current to drive the LED to light. Normally, the input of the LED drive power includes high voltage power frequency (ie mains), low voltage direct current, high voltage direct current, low voltage Frequency AC (such as the output of electronic transformers) and so on. While the LED drive power output is mostly with the LED forward voltage drop to change the voltage constant current source.
According to the power grid rules and LED drive power characteristics of the requirements, in the selection and design of LED drive power to take into account the following points:
1. High reliability, especially as LED lights drive power, installed at high altitude, maintenance is not convenient, maintenance costs are also large.
2. High efficiency LED is energy efficient products, drive power efficiency is higher. In the structure of the lamp, is particularly important. Because LED luminous efficiency with the LED temperature increases and decreased, so the LED heat is very important. Power efficiency is high, its power consumption is small, the heat in the lamp is small, it will reduce the temperature rise of the lamp. To delay the LED light failure beneficial. In the case of
3. High power factor power factor is the load on the grid requirements. Generally less than 70 watts of electrical appliances, there is no mandatory indicators. Although the power is not a single power factor lower power factor on the power grid is not big, but at night we light, similar load is too concentrated, will produce more serious pollution of the grid. For 30 watts to 40 watts of LED drive power, it is said that in the near future, may have a certain degree of power factor requirements. In the case of
4. There are two ways to drive now: one is a constant pressure source for multiple constant current sources, each constant current source to each LED power supply. This way, the combination of flexible, all the way LED failure, does not affect the work of other LED, but the cost will be slightly higher. The other is a direct constant current power supply, LED series or parallel operation. Its advantage is that the cost is lower, but the flexibility is poor, but also to solve an LED failure, does not affect the other LED operation problems. These two forms coexist for a period of time. Multi-channel constant current output power supply, in terms of cost and performance will be better. Perhaps the future direction of the mainstream. In the case of
5. Surge protection LED anti-surge capability is relatively poor, especially anti-reverse voltage capability. It is also important to strengthen this protection. Some LED lights installed in the outdoors, such as LED lights. Due to the load of the grid load and lightning induction, from the grid system will invade a variety of surges, and some waves will lead to LED damage. So LED drive power to suppress the surge of intrusion, the protection of the LED is not damaged capacity. In the case of
6. Protection function In addition to the conventional protection function, it is best to increase the LED temperature in the constant current output negative feedback to prevent the LED temperature is too high. In the case of
7. Protection aspects of lighting outside the installation type, the power structure to waterproof, moisture, the shell to light. In the case of
8. The life of the drive power supply is compatible with the life of the LED. In the case of
9. To meet the requirements of safety and electromagnetic compatibility, with the growing application of LED, LED drive power performance will be more and more suitable for LED requirements.
- LED Lamp
- Principle Of LED
- Characteristics Of LED
- Light Source
- Color Color
- LED Fluorescent Lamps And Fluoresce...
- LONXEN: A Rising Star in the Field ...
- Energy-saving Characteristics
- LED Wall Light In The City Of The F...
- LED Flood Light The Exposure Range ...
- Warm Congratulations to LONXEN Empl...